NEW MEMBERS: Visit this page for useful information.
Become a Member
- Review the tests we currently accept for membership (on this page).
- If you qualify based on one of these tests, complete and submit our Membership Application form.
- Wait to hear back from our Membership Officer as to your status.
- If accepted, pay dues and follow the instructions provided.
Become a Subscriber
- If you don’t qualify to join Prometheus using our current admissions criteria, we invite you to become a subscriber.
- Just visit our dues payment page for more information.
- Subscribers get access to our Member Area, including our entire collection of Gift of Fire journal issues along with access to new issues as published.
Tests Accepted for Membership
The Prometheus Society is once again accepting new membership applications.
This follows the lifting of an admissions moratorium that was in place from September 2012 to June 2013. At this time, we are accepting only a very limited number of tests. We will be adding new tests to this list as soon as they are cleared by our Membership Committee.
All admissions tests (along with qualifying scores) currently being accepted by the Prometheus Society are listed below.
From June 2013 to the present time, these are the ONLY TESTS acceptable for admissions purposes. We DO NOT accept ANY other tests. Membership applications using scores from any test not shown below will be rejected. Should the accepted tests change, our site will be updated with the revised information.
|SAT (old)||1560||Taken before 1 April 1995|
|GRE (old)||1600 (V+Q)||Taken before 1 October 1981|
|MAT (old)||98 (raw score)||Taken before 1 November 2004|
|MAT (new)||500 (scaled score)||Taken after 31 October 2004|
|Mega||36||Taken before 25 April 1999|
|Mega27||21||Taken before 17 November 1999|
|Titan||36||Taken before 25 April 1999|
|LAIT||164||Taken before 1 January 1994|
We do not accept any other tests. If there are changes to this list, we will update this page.
We do not administer tests. Testing is the responsibility of the applicant.