How to Become a Member
- Review the tests we currently accept for membership (on this page).
- If you qualify based on your documented results on one of these tests taken within the indicated time frame, (1) complete and submit the Contact Us form and (2) be sure to attach your documentation (copies of score reports, etc.) to the form. While we are revising and upgrading some of our software, including our forms system, use this form to provide any additional comments or information along with your documentation.
- Wait to hear back from our Membership Officer as to your status. If additional information or documentation is needed, the MO will advise you on what you need to do next. If you have not complied with the Conditions of Use (they’re integrated into the Contact Us form) and have applied using an invalid test or submitted a phony or frivolous application, you may not receive a response.
- If you are accepted as a member, you will receive an email from the Membership Officer advising you of the fact and providing you with additional information and asking you to pay dues to activate your membership.
Important Information About Admissions Tests
- Starting in June of 2013, these are the ONLY TESTS acceptable for admissions purposes.
- We DO NOT accept ANY other tests.
- There are no exceptions. Please do not ask.
- Membership applications using scores from any test not shown below will be rejected.
- We do not administer tests.
- Testing (including things like finding out where, when, and how you can take a particular test or how to obtain a copy of test results from a test you took in the past) is the responsibility of the applicant.
- We will be adding new tests to this list as soon as they are cleared by our Membership Committee.
- If and when there are changes to this information or the list of accepted tests and scores, we will update that information on this page.
Tests and Scores We Accept
The new version of the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) is the ONLY test that is currently being administered. It is acceptable if taken anytime after 1 November 2004.
|Miller Analogies Test (MAT) (new)||500 (scaled score)||Taken after 31 October 2004|
These tests are acceptable only if taken during the indicated times:
|SAT (old)||1560||Taken before 1 April 1995|
|GRE (old)||1600 (V+Q)||Taken before 1 October 1981i|
|Miller Analogies Test (MAT) (old)||98 (raw score)||Taken before 1 November 2004|
|Mega Test||36||Taken before 25 April 1999|
|Mega27||21||Taken before 17 November 1999|
|Titan Test||36||Taken before 25 April 1999|
|LAIT||164||Taken before 1 January 1994|
Subscribe to Our Journal
- If you don’t qualify to become a member right now, you can subscribe to our journal, Gift of Fire (GoF) online.
- One year (12 months) of access to our library of past issues, along with any new issues published during that year, costs $10.00 (USD).
- Once your payment is confirmed and your signup and email confirmation completed, your account will be configured and activated for you.
- This process takes a few days, as payment confirmations and account reviews and configuration are done by manually for security reasons.
- Once the process is complete, you can access all available GoF issues after logging into your account on our website.
- Visit our dues payment page to purchase a 1-year subscription.